Come to The Discovery Center and learn something amazing about the world and yourself. This remarkable 22,500 square foot space, with over 30 exhibits, was created for, with and by children. We understand that play is an essential part of learning and exploration of the world leads children to self-discovery. Children are free to touch, to laugh, to manipulate and to encounter in a happy and safe environment. The Discovery Center is for every young child and fascinates the child in everyone.
Monday 10 a.m.–4 p.m. for toddlers only (birth–5)
except open to all when school is out
Tuesday–Friday 10 a.m.–4 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m.–5 p.m.
Sunday Noon–5 p.m.
Closed Sundays in July and August
New Years Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, Father’s Day, July 4, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day
NOTE: If the Binghamton City School District is closed due to weather, The Discovery Center is closed.
Children under 1 are free!
Group Rates & Reservations
Group rates are available for groups of ten or more with reservations. Group Reservations are available by calling our office at (607) 773-8661. School groups are encouraged to make reservations for the school year as soon as possible. Reservations will be made on a first come first serve basis. In conjunction with the Broome County Veterans Discount Program, now offering Veterans & their immediate families $2 off per person – excludes special events.
- Self Guided Group Visit – $6 per person
- Field trip with 15-minute special program – $6 per person + the program fee
- Program Fees- 0-20 Kids = $15, 21-49 Kids = $25, 50-100 = $35
- Field trip with 1 hour workshop- $10 per student, 1 free chaperone per 10 students, $6 per additional chaperone.
- Museum to you (offsite) – $7 per student
- Special events (carnival, egg hunt, halloween, etc.) – $9 per person, $5 per person for members