The Discovery Center of the Southern Tier seeks a Weekend Receptionist to undertake all reception and clerical duties at the desk of our main entrance. You will be the “face” of the Discovery Center for all visitors and will be responsible for the first impression we make.
The ideal candidate will have a friendly and easy-going personality while also being very perceptive, organized and family friendly. This candidate should be able to deal with complaints and give accurate information. A customer-oriented approach is essential. The goal is to make guests and visitors feel comfortable and valued while at the Museum.
- Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming, and directing appropriately
- Notifies staff of visitor arrivals
- Maintains security and telephone systems
- Informs visitors by answering or referring inquiries
- Directs visitors
- Keeps safe and clean reception and gift shop area
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Keeps financial log of transactions
- Telephone Skills
- Verbal Communication
- Customer Focus
- Handles Pressure
- Supplies Support to Museum Staff
- Associate Degree preferred
- Cashier experience
- $14.20/ hour
- Saturday 9:30AM-5:15PM and Sunday 1 – 5:15PM and extra hours for special events
- This position is nonexempt and reports to the Director of Visitor Services.
Please send an updated resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references to Assistant Executive Director, Cheryl Dutko at firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 607 773-8661 x 208 with any questions.
The Discovery Center of the Southern Tier provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.