The position of teaching assistant provides aide and support to the preschool teacher to provide a high quality program for children ages 3-5.
- Provides additional oversight of pre-school age children by assisting teachers with classroom and outdoor activities
- Assure that all children are monitored consistently for safety purposes.
- Aide in curriculum development and education program planning along with teacher and Education Director as necessary.
- Complete classroom paperwork as necessary
- Maintaining compliance with all Office of Child and Service regulations
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Prior experience working with children in a classroom environment helpful
- Creative and fun loving
- Ability to multitask in a fast paced environment
- Patience and understanding of issues that may arise with small children
- $13.50/ hour base wage
- One position 30-35 hours a week; One position part time with the availability for more hours
- One position 8AM – 3PM; one position 2:30PM – 6PM
- This position reports directly to the Education Director
Please send an updated resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references to Director of Education, Kristy Wales at firstname.lastname@example.org.