The Discovery Center of the Southern Tier seeks a Teaching Assistant for our Kids Club School Age Childcare Program, to assist in the implementation of educational programs in the classroom setting for school age children from 5 to 12 years old. In this role, you will assist the lead teacher of the program with lessons and provide oversight for the safety of the children. In this time of virtual learning we will also be providing support for children attending school remotely during their time at The Discovery Center. The teaching assistant will be responsible for ensuring a safe, clean and calm classroom environment to allow children to benefit fully from their virtual school experience.
The ideal candidate will be creative, have an ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, and an understanding of issues that may arise with young children.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year experience working with children less than 13 years of age
- Associate’s Degree or higher in an Education field
- 2+ years of experience in working with children
- $13.50/ hour
- Days to be determined, (Monday-Friday hours of program are 7:30AM – 6PM).
- We can be flexible with college schedules.
- This position is nonexempt and reports to the Director of Education.
Please send an updated resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references to Director of Education, Kristy Wales at email@example.com. Call 607 773-8661 x 209 with any questions.