The Discovery Center of the Southern Tier seeks a floating substitute for our preschool and pre-kindergarten programs. The floating substitute is asked to assist in the implementation of educational programs in the classroom setting for either 3-4 year old, 4-5 year old, or school aged children. In this role, you will assist the lead teacher of the program with lessons and provide oversight for the safety of the children. Additionally, the floating substitute will assist with supervision of preschool lunch on a daily basis.
The ideal candidate will be creative, have an ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, and an understanding of issues that may arise with young children.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year experience working with children less than 13 years of age
- Associate’s Degree or higher in an Education field
- 2+ years of experience in working with children
- $14.20/ hour
- Monday-Friday (Specific hours vary depending on needs of program)
- This position is nonexempt and reports to the Director of Education.
Please send an updated resume, cover letter, and three (3) professional references to Director of Education, Kristy Wales at firstname.lastname@example.org. Call 607 773-8661 x 209 with any questions.
The Discovery Center of the Southern Tier provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.